Make your mark in the broadcast and digital media landscape!
We seek a Product Manager up to the challenge of helping define and develop the most effective omni-platform news and entertainment publishing tools and audience experiences in the industry.
- As the Product Manager for Audience, you will be expected to...
- Collaborate with the senior leadership, product managers, and engineering, design, and quality leaders to create and evolve a vision, strategy, and three-horizon roadmaps across our portfolio of Digital Products to address customer problems in a way that aligns with the company's mission, goals, and strategic initiatives, and accomplishes business objectives.
- Utilize a customer-, business-, and design-centric product development ethos within Sinclair Digital.
- Integrate research and qualitative and quantitative data analytics into your product team's methodology
- Identify calculated risks that may result in big gains to solve customer problems and achieve business goals, as well as mitigation strategies.
- Help build consensus and excitement with multiple stakeholders for the product vision and roadmap.
- Execute against that vision and strategy across a matrix organization by supporting development teams to deliver on the roadmap initiatives.
- Help influence key stakeholders (including senior executives) on the design and implementation of our product and service offerings.
- Assist in the definition of successful customer and business outcomes for your product(s), and track against those key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Effectively kick-off the design and engineering teams efforts and guide them through deployment and operations to deliver the expected outcomes.
- Collaboration with the design team to create engaging user experiences, with the engineering and quality assurance teams to deliver every increasing, flexible business capabilities, with the sales team to increase revenue and profitability, with the program management team to ensure timely deliverables, and with other product managers to delivery cross-functional initiatives.
- Maximize productivity in a constantly changing environment of shifting priorities while tracking towards a product vision.
- Regularly coordinate and communicate with senior management, executives, and other key stakeholders.
- Identify easy to continually improve the product, design and engineering cycle by implementing best of breed practices.
- Stay current with and communicates relevant industry trends, and identify and recommend product improvements, as well as process and technology improvements.
- Be viewed as a thought leader by your peers and the Sinclair Digital team.
- Specify and track against objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Contribute to the fun.
- Proven track record of planning, leading and implementing customer- and business-centric IT product development strategy, as demonstrated by one or more successful product or major feature launches.
- 2+ years of experience providing product management support for innovative software development teams.
- Experience in media/video production, streaming/broadcast media distribution, ad technology, or data analytics preferred.
- Understanding of design and development of responsive websites, mobile apps, OTT apps, and related technologies.
- Understanding of content management systems, integration with back-end technologies and data sources preferred.
- Knowledge of user-centric design and branding deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and style guides.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills geared towards addressing root-cause issues while getting the job done.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in personal organization, time management, decision-making and problem-solving.
- Experience communicating with management and team leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Product Design, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel for company business.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experiences. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into a omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top