Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group Corporate News Division is seeking an enterprising and aggressive Special Projects Producer who will work within a Corporate-based Special Projects Unit and will investigate challenges in the education system during a two-year project assignment. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it powerful and memorable. Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is required along with familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting. Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is essential. Dynamic storytelling skills are a must. This position will report to the Executive Producer of Investigative Projects during the duration of this investigative initiative.
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles on big daily news stories
- Work closely with Executive Producer, Investigative Reporter, Photographer and Editor to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
- Write online versions of special project reports and work with Digital Producers on "web extra" content for each story
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years of investigative or special projects producing experience preferred
- History of award-winning investigative journalism preferred
- Must be a strong storyteller with the ability to make the complicated understandable
- Must be able to use all available tools to enhance stories, from graphics to social media
- Should be able to generate story ideas and determine the legitimacy of viewer tips
- Strong writer, storyteller. Must be naturally inquisitive with an interest in holding government officials accountable
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top