Hummingbird is a new OTT streaming service launching in Q3 2018. The service will carry both linear and VOD channel content from both the SBG portfolio and third-party content owners. It will cater to a broad audience demographic but will be uniquely different than others in the space by focusing on local market interest and content relevance. The service will launch across the main OTT platforms including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, Android and desktop.
Hummingbird is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group and works closely with the Sinclair Digital group based in Seattle The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The role is responsible for daily video content creation for Hummingbird's App and desktop product. Additionally, this position will be responsible for maintaining Hummingbird's brand across platforms. Our [Junior] Preditor reports to Hummingbird's Editor in Chief. Ideal candidate would have local TV station, linear programming and digital experience.
This position requires a thorough understanding of the OTT video ecosystem and emerging digital technologies. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact with the network of SBG stakeholders on a regular basis. Direct experience in the launch and ongoing development of an OTT video product is required.
We're looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, team oriented and results-driven environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Assists with the day-to-day content creation for Hummingbird's national OTT products
- Conceptualizes and packages engaging video content for linear experiences
- Maintains Hummingbird's brand voice through overall tone and images; works in close collaboration with graphic designer and senior team
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the digital video or OTT content space
- Experience with industry standard digital content and editing software
- Strong graphic and video editing skills in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent knowledge of the social web, video platforms and social communication tools
- Excellent experience with digital content management systems, digital workflows, subscriptions, analytics and data
- A deep understanding of how to organize and manage content ingestion and editorial / scheduling
- Direct experience in launching and developing new OTT products
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in the digital video and OTT space in general
- Solid experience with video and image editing software and processes
Job Location Santa Monica, California, United States
Company Location HR.Hummingbird.National.SantaMonica.CA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top