Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for a Manager, Podcast Operations to help manage day-to-day operations supporting the growth of its podcast network. This role will require someone who is highly organized, data driven, passionate about audio, and have a keen ear for quality content.
The position will provide support with touchpoints to all aspects of Sinclair's audio programming business. Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, and a desire to be an integral part in growing a portfolio. Being able to work both independently and within a team environment will be critical to success of this position.
This role will report to the Vice President of Audio Programming. It will work in partnership with various internal teams to create department strategies while helping achieve objectives. The position will have a focus on growth strategies, internal processes, partnership management, and department workflow optimization.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in all aspects of managing and growing Sinclair's expanding podcast portfolio
- Educate internal and external teams on proper processes, ensuring a smooth operational workflow
- Execute an onboarding process for all shows, detailing timelines and best practices
- Coordinate with internal teams including sales, marketing, business development, accounting, legal, and more, to assist in developing and maintaining growth strategies for department
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with outside vendors for production, promotion, distribution, and sales support
- Analyze data and metrics to identify key insights and trends. Recognize issues that may hinder department from achieving KPIs or objectives
- Present data-driven decisions on ways to expand the department into new content and revenue streams
- Assist in budget management, forecasting, and strategic planning
- Identify ways to optimize operational and capital efficiencies
- Assist in the development and execution of partner contracts. Help ensure compliance of partner contracts
- Prepare QBRs to help department stay on track with long-term strategies
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of supporting audience and revenue growth across digital content verticals
- Experience leading and educating teams, both virtually and in-person
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at different stages simultaneously
- Ability to be the connective tissue across multiple teams, both internal and external
- Strong analytical decision-making skills
- Experience working in a team environment, looping in key stakeholders while reporting to senior management
- A deep enthusiasm for audio and digital content, with a mindset toward creating new and exciting content across multiple channels
- 2+ years in a similar role
- Management experience within a podcast or digital content team
- Prior experience working for a large media company in an audio-focused role
- Knowledge of audio content management, measurement, and attribution platforms (i.e. Megaphone, ART19, Nielsen, Chartable, Podsights)
- Experience working in content with multiple distribution channels, including video, social, linear, and more
- Bachelor's Degree
The base salary compensation range for this role is $75,000 to $105,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.