Operations Technician (8547)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAR, in Providence, RI, has a great opportunity for a full-time Operations Technician. This role will provide the station's viewers with a superior quality program feed at all times throughout the day and night.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance on the day-to-day production aspects of a newscast
- Plan, direct and manage the production aspect of the Ignite newscast in a professional manner supporting the Producer of the newscast
- Operate broadcast vehicles (SNG, ENG, etc.) in a safe and efficient manner, providing viewers an excellent pictorial presentation of news events
- Broadcast Operations including setting up, controlling and monitoring television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience
- On-air switching, dubbing and transferring program
- Gathering satellite feeds for broadcast use
- Preparation and operation of equipment (before, during and after live newscasts)
- Support the production of newscasts and other live or taped programming for television and multi-platform uses
- Support the operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of relevant TV broadcast experience required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top