Operations Support Engineer
Be a part of the future of local news with NewsON! This free, ad-supported streaming service provides instant access to live and on-demand broadcasts across the United States on over-the-top platforms and mobile devices. NewsON is working to create an iconic platform that informs and connects people via relevant, professionally produced local news to build stronger communities and drive media innovation.
NewsON is seeking a smart, technically savvy, and driven Operations Support Engineer. We are looking for someone who is collaborative, flexible, resourceful, and has a positive attitude. We need creative problem solvers who have excellent time management skills and are comfortable working in an open office environment. NewsON is the largest streaming service for local TV news broadcasts with US coverage in 126+ DMAs covering 90%+ of the US population. The offering is available today on iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV and is in development for new platforms. NewsON is a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group, the nation's largest local media company
- Provide technical support for web, OTT and mobile platforms, ad technology providers and live/ VOD content in a dynamic digital media environment.
- Work with multiple vendors to help diagnose, isolate and resolve video ad technology and related issues.
- Be a team player in a small, high-performance group to deliver results within a large enterprise, with adaptability and excellent prioritization skills.
- Working knowledge of video distribution and advertising capabilities in IPTV or OTT providers.
- Basic AppleTV/ FireTV/ RokuTV operations experience (e.g. running a sample app from a vendor for validation).
- Video ad experience including with DFP in an OTT environment, including implementation, monitoring and metrics.
- Hardware, software and network knowledge is beneficial.
- Understanding of compression and streaming video technologies - HLS, FMP4, DASH, VAST/VPAID, Client and Server-Side DAI.
- HTTP traffic and protocols for video delivery and troubleshooting HTTP communication.
- Understanding of Internet protocols such as FTP, HTTP (XML, HTML), and SSH.
- Knowledge in TV streaming standards (MPEG2, SCTE-35, SCTE-224).
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and collaboration skills.
- Scripting for CLI and automated tasks (e.g. Bash, Python, Java/ C#).
- Brightscript development experience a plus.
- Familiar with IPTV set-top boxes and IPTV deployment a plus.
- Experience with DFP and/or DFP DAI a plus
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Communications or related field.
- At least 1 year of Video Operations/ OTT experience (Roku, FireTV, AppleTV).
- Ad Technology experience in a plus (Display/ Video).
NewsON is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top