On-Air Service Manager
- Decatur, GA
As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Recently, we strategically acquired 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and we are looking for team members to join us in integrating this new and important piece of our business that will expand our range of content across the country and extend our multi-platform expansion opportunities. We are looking for a strong managerial candidate to support Sinclair's regional sports networks (RSNs). You will interface directly with 3rd party provider employees to ensure accuracy of Master Control operations, be responsible for ensuring content is broadcast as intended, and collaborate with other departments to resolve any day-of issues. You will be the person who ensures high quality, timely and accurate streaming for all of our channels throughout the country!
Operations, Collaboration & Partnerships
• Facilitate communication between Master Control Operators in the RSN Media Operations Center and other RSN departments to ensure seamless connection of the On-Air Operations function
• Act as day-to-day manager of Master Control automation and playout for all RSNs, including overseeing the scheduling of Operators and control rooms
• Uphold acceptable technical and operational quality of RSN programming and breaks
• Partner with the Traffic, Sales, Engineering, Programming, and Promotions employees to resolve any issues that impact On-Air Operations
• Maintain required logs, and uphold standards and FCC compliance by monitoring the RSN Media Operations Center technical performance
• Coordinate delivery of commercials, promotions, and other local content
• Oversee integration of Graphic elements, including virtual ads and ticker
• Identify on-air workflow and technology enhancements that may be needed due to changing business needs
• Track operations and constantly look for ways to make things work better, faster, and smoother
• Identify continuous improvement initiatives and opportunities to unlock new possibilities through adoption of new technologies, automation, and digitalization
People Management & Development
• Inspire a culture of continuous learning and adoption of digital and emerging technologies
• Champion a differentiated employee experience where people come to follow their passions and grow their career
• Build high-performing, engaged teams as part of the next generation of digital and innovative entertainment
• Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
• 5+ years of experience in television Master Control/On-Air Operations
• Management experience preferred
• Experience with live TV required and sports production preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft products, ScheduAll or similar program scheduling software, SharePoint, Imagine Playout or other server systems, closed captioning procedures & FCC regulations
• Knowledge of HD and 4K broadcasting a plus
• Strong working knowledge of expected production quality, audio and video signals, and electronic test equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, networking, signal flow, and all other on-air issues with speed and accuracy
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Back to top