Newscast Director (8510)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WCIV is looking for a Director for our newscasts.
Perform any production duties as assigned including:
- Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
- Create graphics using Photoshop and Ross Expression system
- Train production crew in cameras, audio, graphics, etc.
- Supervise production crew on a daily basis
- Maintain production studio and control room
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
- Fill in on an as-needed basis for directing, audio, studio, and graphics creation
- Experience Directing and TDing newscasts
- Knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Ross switcher and graphics experience is helpful
- Live audio experience is helpful
- Ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
- Typing and good spelling skills necessary
- Ability to read and write, college degree is preferred
- Must be able to lift & position 40 pound lighting instruments
- Must have valid driver's license with clean record
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is preferred
- Applicant should be extremely dependable, prompt and have a positive demeanor
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Other hours may include early morning or evening hours, depending on staffing needs
- Other hours on occasion for special assignments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top