News Production Assistant (Part-Time) (7381)
Make your mark in Broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets after pending transactions. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
CBS21/WHP-TV, in Harrisburg, PA, is seeking a part-time Production Assistant with aspirations in photojournalism. Responsibilities will include writing scripts, editing material for our newscasts, running studio cameras and teleprompter, operating ENG camera equipment, and learning to safely operate an ENG microwave live truck. You must be willing to work overnight and weekend hours. Will perform other tasks related to the position as assigned.
- Candidate must be extremely dependable
- Excellent communications skills a must
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under stressful and time sensitive situations
- Must be able to lift & position 40+ pound equipment
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous successful experience in a television newsroom
- Experience with non-linear editing
- Experience with iNews, Edius, Overdrive, and Xpression are a plus
- A bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- 1+ years experience in a newsroom setting
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top