WJAR, Southern New England's News Leader, seeks an aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time News Producer/Assignment Editor! We are looking for someone with skills on both sides of the newsroom - the ideal candidate will serve as an associate producer for our early evening newscasts and fill in produce as needed. They will also keep our weekend newsgathering on track, generating story ideas, assigning crews, and keeping our digital properties updated. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career producer to gain essential experience at one of America's great television stations!
This person will manage all aspects of daily news coverage and write for various newscasts, including but not limited to:
- Write and edit content for daily newscasts
- Produce and time shows as needed
- Assign and track news crews
- Identify and develop daily content
- Write and post content to NBC 10's digital properties
- Listen to scanners, monitor websites/social media, and react to breaking news
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources to enterprise story ideas
- Assisting in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
- Minimum of 1 year of producing or assignment desk experience
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills, knowledge of iNews and Avid is a plus
- General knowledge and interest in local, national, and world news
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and emerging social media platforms
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Journalism is also preferred
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.