Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WRGB CBS6 has an immediate opening for a strong, creative News Producer. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of a nightly newscast. This position will work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk to create an engaging, memorable newscast. You must know how to win the big story of the day, breaking news & weather coverage.
- Compelling writer with solid news judgment
- Ability to multi-task and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- You must also realize the importance of social media
- At least 2 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station.
- Journalism degree preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts.
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must.
- You should also be proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews.
- Possess a positive, "can-do" attitude.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Schenectady, New York, United States
Company Location HR.WRGB/WCWN.Albany NY.Schenectady.NY
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top