News Producer (5713)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAC-TV has immediate openings for a full-time News Producer and full-time Associate Producer. The News Producer is responsible for the the day-to-day production of our weekday newscasts. This person will work closely with the Assistant News Director, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. In this position, you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site. The Associate Producer will produce the weekend newscast and fill in at the Assignment Desk as needed.
Both positions require the following skills and experience:
- At least one year of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station, journalism degree preferred
- Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
- Strong news judgement
- Compelling and accurate writer for both broadcast and print
- Ability to multitask and manage his/her time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Proven record working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of your work or writing sample to:
WJAC-TVAttn: News Director
49 Old Hickory Lane
Johnstown, PA 15905 Please, no phone calls.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top