News Photographer (8560)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WSYX / WTTE, in Columbus, Ohio, is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time Videographer! We are seeking someone who can see beyond the camera lens and bring back compelling stories filled with sequences and natural sound. In this role, you will cover day to day general, in-depth features and investigative assignments. We expect all our shooters to produce NPPA quality visuals and audio for daily stories. We shoot on Sony PXW-X400 cameras and use Avid Media Composers in house and in the field for editing. Our news crews have all the tools to win daily coverage and we expect our team to win breaking news, extreme weather coverage and the story of the day. We are the largest and strongest news operation in Columbus (AP awarded best news operation in Ohio three years in a row).
- We are looking for an aggressive team-player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines
- Must have a demo reel that demonstrates NPPA storytelling
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving record and be able to operate ENG news vehicles
- At least two years of newsroom videographer experience and technical knowledge of editing and video camera equipment
- Ability to edit and shoot general assignment stories, lives shots and natural sound packages
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to produce engaging and creative visuals for all stories
- Field Lighting experience
- Avid Experience
- After Effects experience
- NPPA Member who enters quarterly contests
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. No phone calls or emails please.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top