Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU-TV in Portland, Oregon is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time News Photographer! We are seeking someone who can see beyond the lens and bring back compelling stories. The candidate should have 2 years of ENG experience with a network affiliate news organization. You will cover day to day general, in-depth features and investigative assignments. We are shooting full High-definition (HD) on media cards and editing on desktops and laptops. You should have strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential in this position!
- Video journalist with at least 2-4 years of shooting experience who can tell great stories on their own or with a team on a tight deadline
- Maintain standard of brand excellence by shooting NPPA style, award-winning level of photography with composition, clean audio, use of light, and steadiness
- Use various lighting techniques and equipment to enhance on-air product and visual presentation
- Work daily as a storyteller collaborating with reporters and producers to execute creative concept for story
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
- Ability to shoot and edit breaking news, general assignment stories, sports, political, investigative stories, and natural sound packages
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving record and be willing and able to operate ENG/SNG news vehicles
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
ATTN: News Director
2153 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97232
No phone calls or emails please .
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Portland, Oregon, United States
Company Location HR.KATU/KUNP.Portland OR.Portland.OR
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top