KBAK/KBFX is looking for a creative full-time News Photographer! We are seeking someone who can see beyond the lens and bring back compelling stories. You will cover day-to-day general, in-depth features and investigative assignments. We are looking for someone to shoot videos for news reports. We are shooting full high definition (HD) on media cards and editing on desktops and laptops. You should have strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for storytelling is absolutely essential in this position.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Team player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines
- Must have a valid driver's license, a good driving record
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- MUST be willing to work mornings, days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Daily newsgathering, working with a reporter/or alone to shoot and edit daily stories
- Edit material to match script prepared by reporter, producer, or associate producer using in-house or field locations as needed
- Keep assigned equipment and/or vehicles in good working condition and file all required paperwork.
- Ability to set up live remotes with live trucks and use Live U's if needed
- Creative and strive for the business, willing to learn from others to grow in this profession
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.