News Investigative Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Were you inspired by the movie Spotlight ? Did you watch that amazing film about investigative journalism and find yourself wishing that you could work on an elite team and produce stories of immense impact? Well, here's the good news; that team is being built right now and if you are a top-notch investigative reporter, you could be a part of it.
Sinclair Broadcast Group Corporate News Division is seeking an enterprising and aggressive Investigative Reporter who will work within a special Corporate-based unit to investigate specific challenges in a government system during a two-year project assignment. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. This position will report to the Executive Producer of Investigative Projects as well as the Vice President of News and the Director of News Content and Operations during the duration of this investigative initiative.
Here's the bottom line; opportunities like this come along rarely for investigative reporters. We are looking for the best. If you are looking to focus your energies on ONE long-term investigative topic---and have an immense impact on a community--- then this is your dream job!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles to education news stories
- Work closely with Executive Producer and SBG Corp News managers to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
- Write online versions of investigative reports and work with Digital Investigative Producer on "web extra" content for each investigation
- Maintain an active social media presence to build brand and solicit original story ideas
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of investigative reporting experience preferred
- History of award-winning investigative journalism preferred
Job Location Cockeysville, Maryland, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR.Headquarters.Cockeysville.MD
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top