News Investigative Reporter (8383)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
ABC 6/FOX 28 in Columbus, OH, is renewing its commitment to hard-hitting, original and impactful reporting. We want a dynamic, highly-skilled and unique journalist to join our expanding 6 On Your Side Investigates team. The ideal candidate will have data-driven research abilities, strong writing and storytelling skills, and confidence in questioning and holding the powerful accountable. If you thrive being a watchdog, exposing problems and advocating for change, we want to see your work. Additional skills including computer assisted reporting and legal expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles to big daily news stories
- Work closely with Producer and Executive Producer to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
- Write online versions of investigative reports and work with Digital Investigative Producer on "web extra" content for each investigation
- Maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years of investigative reporting experience preferred
- FOIA experience preferred
While applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top