News Investigative Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WSTM/WSTQ/WTVH-TV seeks an enterprising and bold reporter to join our team of investigative and consumer reporters. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable.
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles to big daily news stories
- Work closely with Producer and Executive Producer to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
- Write online versions of investigative reports and work with Digital Investigative Producer on "web extra" content for each investigation
- Maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two (2) years of investigative reporting experience preferred
- Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is required
- Familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting are required
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is essential
- Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must
- History of award-winning investigative journalism preferred
Attn: News Director
1030 James Street
Syracuse, NY 13203
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Syracuse, New York, United States
Company Location HR.WSTM/WSTQ/WTVH.Syracuse.Syracuse.NY
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top