WCIV is looking for Summer Interns for the News Department! This is an exciting opportunity where you will get hands-on learning about the different positions in the newsroom. You will then apply those skills you learn over the course of your internship to create an intern newscast which you can use as part of your reel.
During your internship, you will learn:
- Must be attending an accredited college or university and studying mass communications, media, or related major
- Graduate students are eligible
- Each Intern is required to work 10-20 hours a week; including some weekends
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must receive academic credit for the internship experience
- Must be registered for college at his or her institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed
- Must have reliable transportation
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.