News Intern (Fall 2017) (8755)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WSET has a great opportunity for you! We are looking for interns in our News department for the Fall 2017 semester. As a part of our commitment to community service and educational enrichment, WSET offers a limited number of highly-sought unpaid internships aimed at providing a springboard for students interested in developing careers in broadcast and/or cable television. These internships are offered to selected participants currently enrolled institutions of higher learning. Student interns will experience all phases of a major market television station's day-to-day operations as a supplement to their academic curriculum. This internship is unpaid. Credit Verification forms will be provided.
- General Assignment
- Rising junior or senior registered in a four-year undergraduate program. Graduate students and students entering their second year in a two-year junior or community college program may also be considered. Applicants should possess declared majors in communications, journalism, broadcast production techniques, or some similar broadcasting-related area
- A college student who boasts a strong academic record
- Able to receive college credit for this internship
- A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently
- A creative self-starter who can work well under constant deadline
- Willing to work mornings, nights and/ or weekends to support our newscasts varying hours: We will do our best to work with your schedule.
Include a cover letter answering the following questions: Why are you interested in interning at WSET? What are your career goals?
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top