News Intern (Fall 2017) (8451)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WGXA has an exciting internship opportunity to work in our news department. We are looking for motivated, ambitious students who are seeking to expand their knowledge, improve their skills, and kick-start their career. Push the envelope of career possibilities and gain an edge in the broadcast industry. Combine your classroom educational experiences with those of a state-of-the-art broadcast and multimedia facility. The news intern will learn all aspects of our newsroom operation. The intern will be involved in editorial meetings and interact with the assignment desk, producers, reporters and photographers. This is a hands-on internship with a goal of giving the candidate the tools to work in a newsroom post degree. We are looking to fill the internship for the Fall 2017 semester. This internship is unpaid. Credit Verification forms will be provided.
- A Junior or Senior college student attending an accredited institution, preferably a Communications major, though other majors may be considered
- Must be in good academic standing and receive college credit for this internship
- A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently
- A creative self-starter with strong communication skills
- Available mornings, nights and/ or weekends
- Must be eligible to receive college credit to participate in this internship
- Be at least 18 years of age
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top