Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU and KUNP is seeking an experienced, hands-on, dynamic News Director with strong leadership skills and an a strong vision for the future of content creation!
- Set goals and plans to achieve them for digital, broadcast, and social content products
- Managing the stations' entire news operations, setting and achieving budget goals, and directing large staff that produces 34+ hours of local news weekly
- Work closely with local and corporate management to establish news content, philosophy, and direction in the local news operation
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliancy, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
- Manage and review our growing Spanish language news product.
- Review digital and social media platform performance each day and ensure standards and goals are met
- Recruiting, hiring, and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
- Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
- Key member of the station leadership team, making decisions on everything from community involvement to strategic business moves as a station
- Must be sales and promotions friendly, and find unique ways to support all aspects of the business, as well as our two lifestyle shows
- A degree in journalism and a minimum of five years' experience in news management is required
- Major market leadership experience is preferred
- Demonstration of leadership skills, including in group/staff meetings as well as one-on-one communications
- Demonstrated ability in past leadership roles to train and mentor staff members at various levels of their career
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations
- Must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
Job Location Portland, Oregon, United States
Company Location HR.KATU/KUNP.Portland OR.Portland.OR
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top