News Director (7589)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair is seeking an experienced, hands-on Director of News to lead the news operation for our ABC and FOX duopoly in Springfield/Champaign! The Director of News, Springfield/Champaign will work to serve as a leader as we serve the viewers of the local market via our ABC and FOX affiliated stations. This director will work directly with the station's General Manager, and the SBG corporate news division, to establish and build a news philosophy that keeps the television news operation competitive and profitable. This position requires day-to-day management and improvement of news content and quality on all platforms. The News Director will also be responsible for maintaining a budget and properly handling all personnel issues.
- The position requires strong talent recruiting and development skills
- Must also be able to be a leader and a teacher with significant knowledge of television journalism, ethics and law
- Must show thorough knowledge of current news events
- Able to produce newscasts that meet and exceed current industry standards
- Be a proven leader, with an aggressive and competitive style of news management
- Possess the ability to lead a strong digital news initiative
- Must have a minimum of three years upper level news management experience and a related college degree
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top