Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WACH in beautiful Columbia, SC i s seeking an experienced, hands-on News Director with strong leadership skills and an aggressive style.
- Managing the stations' news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces 30+ hours of local news weekly
- Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms
- Work closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy and direction
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliancy, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
- Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
- Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
- Must h ave a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations and must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
- Journalism degree and a minimum of five years' experience in news management with noted leadership skills is required
Job Location Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Company Location HR.WACH.Columbia SC.Columbia.SC
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top