News Assistant (Part-Time) (8452)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KEPR TV, in Pasco, WA, is seeking a part-time production assistant.
Job responsibilities include:
- Edit video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
- Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
- Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
- Appropriately edits video for use on-air, taking extra care and attention to use only the best material and discarding mistakes or inappropriate material
- Effectively operate the teleprompter as needed in a live, daily newscast to follow anchor delivery
- Archive news content for future use
- Assists with maintaining operational field camera gear
- Operates live gear for live remotes
- Re-fuel and wash news vehicles as requested or as time allows so that fleet is always at the ready
- Videotapes news stories in the field when requested
- Experience is not necessary, but education and/or internship in television or related field preferred
- Training will be provided
- Must be able to work weekday afternoons and evenings
- Other hours as needed, on occasion
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top