News Assignment Manager (8582)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KOKH FOX 25, in Oklahoma City, is seeking an aggressive, energetic and creative News Assignment Manager to help lead our newsroom. This position is a key member of our news management team. This position is full-time/exempt and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
- Manage daily editorial flow, including assigning crews to cover daily news stories and events
- Help coordinate daily news planning and coverage focusing on enterprise and accountability content
- Handle logistical & editorial planning of future and long-term events
- Supervise Assignment Desk staff
- Review content for accuracy and top journalistic ethical standards
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- Ability to work as a team with News Director, Assistant News Director, Executive Producers and Digital team
- Must thrive under intense deadline pressure
- Understand newsroom operations and equipment
- At least five years' experience in a television newsroom environment
- Two years of management experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media
- A Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred
No Phone Calls Please. Applicants must apply online to be considered.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top