WBFF/WNUV are seeking an detail oriented, aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time News Assignment Editor! We are looking for an experienced assignment editor who know how to make contacts, generate story ideas, and react decisively to breaking news. Candidates must have strong logistical skills and the ability to move crews strategically. We need someone with strong communication skills who can coordinate coverage and problem solve unforeseen obstacles. This person must be able to perform calmly and communicate effectively under pressure. Ideal candidates will be familiar with the Charleston SC DMA.
Skills and Experience:
- Assign and track news crews
- Identify and develop daily content
- Write and post content to station website and social media sites
- Compelling and accurate writing
- Listen to scanners and react to breaking news, make beat checks, monitor web sites and social media, react to developing news
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources to enterprise story ideas
- Listen for and respond to breaking news
- Assisting in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
- Minimum of 1-2 years of assignment desk experience
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media platforms
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Journalism is also preferred
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.