News Assignment Editor (7449)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU, in Portland, Oregon, is seeking an aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time Assignment Editor. If you are a newsroom leader who can multi-task, is organized and always on the look-out for great stories, we want to talk to you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees newsgathering and logistics for all of our platforms
- Takes strong lead in breaking news coverage
- Aggressively seeks enterprise stories
- Monitors social media and works in concert with our digital team to build compelling content on all platforms
- Reacts aggressively and decisively to breaking news with or without management present
- Builds strong sources in the community
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates exceptional news judgment.
- Demonstrates superb organizational and problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasks efficiently under heavy deadline pressure.
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in journalism is also preferred
- This position is full-time and will require working a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays
- At least one year of newsroom experience
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top