News Assignment Desk Coordinator (8079)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Fox 42 News, in Omaha, NE, is seeking an aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time News Assignment Desk Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gather news affecting the community
- Generate and develop news stories
- Prepare story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Assist in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Produce and write daily content on a variety of platforms including television, web, and social media sites
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Must have sharp television news judgment and be able to monitor various platforms for breaking news and story ideas: scanners, viewer tips, phone calls, social media sources, and other local and national news sources
- Responsible for assigning MMJ's and coordinating coverage plans with news producers and managers, and assisting MMJ's in gathering information for stories in progress
- Must be able to assess the importance of current events, react quickly and aggressively to breaking news, and communicate effectively with staff members
- Must be forward thinking to assist in planning for future events
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- Basic computer and word processing skills
- Non-Linear editing and shooting experience is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience at a commercial TV station
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
A Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred. This position is full-time and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays. If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you! Please apply below or go to www.sbgi.net and include a link to your latest work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top