Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KGAN/KFXA is looking for an experienced and talented Anchor/Reporter to join our news team. The person we are seeking will bring a unique combination of journalistic and broadcasting skills, along with the ability to connect to our audience via interaction on social media. Previous Anchor experience is a plus.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills will be needed and you must be able to work under deadline pressures
- Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter is necessary
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Working knowledge of iNews/Avid newsroom systems would be helpful
- Must have at least three years of professional-level experience as a television news reporter
- Must have a college degree in Journalism/Mass Communications or related field of study
- Experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
Company Location HR.KGAN.Cedar Rapids.Cedar Rapids.IA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top