News Anchor / Reporter (Weekends) (8670)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WSYX/WTTE, in Columbus, OH, has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Weekend News Anchor / Reporter. We are looking for a strong writer, someone with sharp wit and the ability to work well with others. We're also looking for someone who is a self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis. The winning candidate will be able to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling. Exemplary communication skills and previous experience working in a team environment are a must.
In this role, you will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that will include evenings and/or weekends is required.
- Previous anchoring experience is required
- The ideal candidate should have considerable live shot experience
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Anchor newscasts as assigned, including engaging in the production process leading up to the newscast
- Participate in special event coverage
- Participate in station and community events
- Write stories and teases as assigned by producers
- Participate in daily editorial planning meetings
- Engage viewers daily on Facebook, Twitter and other station web and social media platforms
- Develop and report on franchise and sweeps stories
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communicator and leader in the newsroom
- Sharp news judgment
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to work well with others
- Must be able to work in a deadline-oriented environment and be able to react in high pressure situations
- Must have at least four year on-air experience and two years experience as an anchor
- Must also have and maintain a good driving record and valid driver's license
This is NOT an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online. In addition, include a link of your latest work or send a non-returnable DVD to:
WSYX/WTTEAttn: Assistant News Director1261 Dublin RoadColumbus, OH 43215 No phone calls or e-mails, please
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top