News Anchor / Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRNV-TV in spectacular Reno, Nevada has an opening for a dynamic and motivated full-time News Anchor/Reporter! You will help lead newscasts and will help produce daily content on a variety of platforms, including the internet and social networks. It is essential you show examples of extemporaneous breaking news coverage and display the ability to flawlessly ad-lib on a major breaking story. The ideal candidate will be a leader in the newsroom, highly engaged in social media, anxious to anchor from the field and possess the ability communicate in a way with the audience while presenting a credible and engaging newscast.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that will include other shifts when necessary
- Knowledge of I-News scripting and basic newscast production techniques
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Sharp wit and the ability to work well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own organic story ideas on a daily basis
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling
- Must have at least two (2) years of on-air experience
- Must have at least two (2) years of live shot experience
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- A degree in broadcast journalism or related field is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Reno, Nevada, United States
Company Location HR.KRNV.Reno.Reno.NV
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top