Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WTVC-TV NewsChannel 9, the market leader in Chattanooga, Tennessee, is searching for an energetic and engaging evening news anchor to complete our weekday evening anchor team. In addition to the typical duties of a news anchor, we are looking for someone who is eager head into the field and break hard news investigative stories. Our anchors are also expected to help mentor and grow younger staff mentors, write and edit copy and lead the way in digital and social media.
- Anchor assigned newscasts
- Deliver scripted and ad-lib material with energy, professionalism and personality
- Work with and guide reporters and producers in newscast production
- Maintain active daily presence on social media which engages with audience
- Ability to enterprise stories
- Possess the highest journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appear on behalf of the station at public events
- Minimum of 10 years reporting experience is required
- 5+ years as a daily news anchor experience is required
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
Job Location Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Company Location HR.WTVC.Chattanooga.Chattanooga.TN
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top