News Anchor (8773)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAC-TV, in Johnstown/Altoona/State College, Pennsylvania, is looking for an experienced co-anchor for our weekday morning newscasts. You must be a newsroom leader who works well with producers and technical staff to craft compelling newscasts.
- A dynamic writer and storyteller
- An excellent communicator with a passion for news
- High ethical standards and accuracy are a must
- Must be able to perform in breaking news situations and be a social media star
- Anchor newscasts as assigned, including engaging in the production process leading up to the newscast
- Participate in special event coverage
- Participate in station and community events
- Sharp news judgment
- Write stories and teases as assigned by producers
- Participate in daily editorial planning meetings
- Engage viewers daily on Facebook, Twitter and other station web and social media platforms
- Develop and report on franchise and sweeps stories
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to work well with others
- Must be able to work in a deadline-oriented environment and be able to react in high pressure situations
- Must have at least two years experience as an anchor
- Must also have and maintain a good driving record and valid driver's license
- Other duties as assigned
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top