Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WCIV, in beautiful Charleston, SC, has a rare opening for a main anchor. We are looking for someone with solid experience both on the desk and in field, the ability to flawlessly adlib in breaking news situation, who has a hearty work ethic, someone with a positive-can-do attitude and a great personality, who knows the news and is able to balance a lot of demands. Our anchors are expected to anchor the news and report the big stories from the field, but not just in front of the camera. We have built a solid, winning digitally diverse team and the right candidate will be an integral part of that as well. We need someone willing to help mentor and grow producers who are just starting their career.
Your reports are not limited to in front of the camera, but also abcnews4.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, our partners at Cumulus, and Alexa.
- The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Exemplary communication skills
- Copy edit scripts for accuracy
- The ability to make solid editorial decisions
- The ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that will include evenings and/or weekends is required
- Previous anchoring experience is required
- The ideal candidate should have considerable live shot experience
- Must have 5-7 years of anchoring experience
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
Job Location Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Company Location HR.WCIV.Charleston SC.Mount Pleasant.SC
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top