National Online News Producer (7530)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group has an immediate opening for a National Online News Producer. Be part of a growing online news team producing national content for Sinclair Broadcast Group's network of news sites. We're looking for a talented and creative journalist with an ability to learn new systems and jump into a fast-paced publishing environment. Online reporting should be your passion and the ideal candidate will be a journalist able to handle tight deadlines and constantly bring new ideas to the table.
- Write, select and publish news and other stories to Sinclair Broadcast Group's network of sites.
- Daily news aggregation from around the web, and editing of wire service content.
- Produce and edit multimedia elements for online stories.
- Ability to react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately is a core expectation of this position.
- Research, report and write original stories.
- Monitor analytics to measure story performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (Degree in journalism or related field strongly preferred).
- Minimum of three years of online journalism experience.
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP style required.
- Strong understanding of content usage rights management and restrictions.
- Basic HTML knowledge required.
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, Reddit and other social media platforms.
- Must be self-motivating and able to work well with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to handle stress, including short deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
This will require the ability to work nights and weekends.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top