WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV has an immediate opening for a creative Multimedia Producer!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts. This position will work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. Other responsibilities will include generating content for our web site and social media platforms. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Responsibilities include :
- Writing news stories, headlines and teases
- Contacting news sources for story information
- Producing newscast rundowns
- Making editorial decisions and contributing daily story and content ideas
- Communicating with news crews in the field and disseminating information internally
- Conceiving and creating graphics for news stories
- Contributing content to web, Facebook, and Twitter
- Timing newscasts and communicating newscast directions to news and production staff
- Special projects and assignment editing as needed
- Write accurate and compelling web stories
- Post creative content across multiple social media platforms
- Clip and/or create video to be posted on digital platforms
- Must have flexibility to work other shifts as needed
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
- Two (2) years' broadcast experience and a related college degree preferred
- Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism
- Knowledge of various social media and newsroom computers
- Ability to work well with others. Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.