WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV is looking for a video journalist (MMJ) to join the team. Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and cell phones, in addition to television.
- Must be able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline pressure.
- The ability to operate a LiveU cellular live system is a must.
- The ability to conduct effective interviews and gather information.
- Write stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera-both live and recorded.
- Must be able to write stories for the station web sites in addition to posting to station social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology.
- A minimum of 1-3 years reporting experience is required.
- Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- A valid driver license and clean driving record is a must.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and strong organizational skills desired.
- The ability to work well with others is a must, along with a positive can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the area is a plus.
- College degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Communications or Journalism preferred.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.