Morning News Anchor
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KTVL is looking for a dynamic and motivated full-time Morning News Anchor/Reporter! In this role, you will help lead early morning newscasts and will help produce daily content on a variety of platforms, including the internet and social networks. It is essential you show examples of extemporaneous breaking news coverage and display the ability to flawlessly ad-lib on a major breaking story. The ideal candidate will be a leader in the newsroom, highly engaged in social media, anxious to anchor from the field and possess the ability communicate in a way with the audience while presenting a credible and engaging newscast.
In addition to being an outstanding journalist with a great personality you need to be a team leader. Our anchors are leaders who participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. A passion for winning news is mandatory! We're also looking for someone who is a self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis. Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role! This position calls for a fully engaged anchor who comes in every day with enterprise story ideas and who is ready to jump in and write scripts, post content to our multiple digital platforms, and help out wherever needed. The ideal candidate is someone who can generate original content that impacts our community on a daily basis. This person should be a strong writer, a creative storyteller, active on all news platforms, inquisitive and works well with others. We are looking for a leader, a self-starter, someone who can generate/maintain contacts within the community. You will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks.
Required Skills :
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Energy & positivity
- The ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
- Must be a team leader that works well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
- Must be able to field anchor
- The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Recognize and embrace an anchor's newsroom leadership responsibilities
- Support and encourage a staff of talented reporters and other TV news professionals
- Considerable live shot experience
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- Experience with iNEWS and Avid Editing a plus
- Must have 1-2 years of on-air experience as an anchor
Job Location Medford, Oregon, United States
Company Location HR.KTVL.Medford.Medford.OR
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top