KTVL is looking for a Multimedia Journalist/Producer! Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television. Your responsibilities as a Producer will include producing 2 newscasts per week as well as the day-to-day production of our digital content. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to keep our digital platforms updated. You will be reporting 3 days a week and producing two days a week.
Skills and Experience:
- Sharp news judgment
- The ability to tell an engaging story
- Excellent technical skills
- The ability to work well independently
- Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
- Compelling and accurate writing
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast and deliver content to multiple platforms
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Updating and maintaining KTVL.com page
- Keeping Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms updated throughout the day
- Editing and posting relevant materials from reporters and producers onto the website
- A minimum of 1 year reporting or producing experience is required
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred
- Experience with live shots is a plus
- Experience with Live-U is a plus
- Experience with AVID is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.