Media Manager (8973)
Tennis Channel is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 video providers.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates programs or provides services to 173 stations located in 81 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Tennis Channel's Media Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring the proper acquisition, organization, maintenance, and distribution of all of Tennis Channel's production media. Reporting to the Director of Production and working closely with the entire team of media managers, each media manager is expected to facilitate the media needs of all departments and third party vendors of Tennis Channel. These responsibilities include but are not limited to Tennis Channel's regular need for footage to be made available to producer shows, both domestically and internationally, to input the proper metadata on all digital content, to work with loggers to ensure proper metadata is being entered on match feeds, to organize and archive all of Production's media, to digitize legacy tapes, to fulfilling requests for tapes, DVDs, or internet links, as well as other tasks that will arise from time to time. Avid experience beyond Avid Media Composer is required.
To be considered for this amazing opportunity, please include a cover letter which details your experience in regards to the Required Skills listed for our Media Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Tennis Channel's Avid Interplay environment (High and Low resolution) and Masstech Archive. Including archiving, deleting and restoring.
- Ensure all media is properly ingested, cataloged and delivered for Tennis Channel studio shows, Tennis Channel Digital, Tennis Channel Remote Productions, and third party collaborators.
- Manage File movement, ingest, metadata organization, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, transcoding and encoding files.
- Stay current with all file-based technology including camera codecs, wrappers, and encoding workflows.
- Provide expertise/knowledge on best practices, working with engineering on maintaining our Production systems.
- Coordinate media with/between departments such as, Production, Marketing, Digital, Sales, and Outside Vendors.
- Ensure all ingested content has been correctly and accurately processed by the PAM system – this will include checking the technical and visual quality of the ingested asset, accurate entry of metadata and tracking of material IDs.
- Collaborate with other media management staff and multiple ingest personnel to ensure proper workflows are followed and fulfill daily requests and records.
- Troubleshoot Avid Media Composer issues.
- Manage all Avid Projects including Original Programming, Promos, Pregame shows, Matches, teases, and daily requests.
- Manage P2, SD cards, tape stock and hard drives.
- Maintain and Manage the Tennis Channel Production FTP Server and fulfill FTP/Aspera file based transfers with all outside sources.
- Create and Maintain our Vantage Workflows.
- Manage Tennis Channel Productions Sony Ci page for viewing and downloads; manage and fulfill DVD requests.
- Perform basic media librarian duties for the video tape library, such as pulling tapes for the next day's broadcast, maintaining tape stock, keeping the library of multiple facilities in order.
- Take the lead in Formulating and executing a plan to digitize our legacy tape library.
- Work hours beyond normally scheduled shifts from time to time.
- Occasionally make trips between our Hayden facility and our Santa Monica facility to delivery, and or retrieve media.
A deep understanding and experience with Avid products, including but not limited to: Avid Interplay, Avid Nexus, Avid Media Central UX, Avid Interplay Delivery, Avid Interplay Archive, Avid Media Director, Avid Airspeeds, Avid Media Composer.
Experience working with Vantage Telestream workflows.
Experience with FTP clients such as Aspera, Sony Ci, etc.
Experience with Masstech archive solutions.
Experience in video tape libraries.
Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe CC a plus.
Experience in Sports Production a Plus
Knowledge of Tennis a plus
Minimum 3 years Media Management experience.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top