Mechanical Designer (8525)
Based in Raymond, Maine, Dielectric LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and is a leading provider of innovative broadcast products. From remote stations to major markets, Dielectric delivers products for every need since 1942 and prides itself on being a solution-oriented engineering company. The Company is a trusted partner of broadcasters worldwide. We design, engineer, and manufacture antennas, combiners, switches, diplexers, transmission lines and waveguides for television, and FM radio. We collaborate with the consultant community, as well as with its customers' engineering staffs, to design advanced and reliable antenna systems.
We are currently seeking two (2) full-time Mechanical Designers who will design, model, and create drawings of antenna and RF system parts and assemblies. As a Designer, you will be responsible for creating bills of materials for parts and assemblies in the Oracle system and using Solid Edge software. You will interface with various departments on a daily basis, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, production, purchasing, quality, and customer service.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Create three dimensional models using Solid Edge design software
- Produce draft documents for purchasing, production, and customer use
- Generate bills of materials, using Oracle MRP software
- Research, evaluate, and specify materials for most efficient usage
- Design parts for the most cost-effective manufacturing methods
- Collaborate with other team members, checking drawings and BOMs
- Examine department processes, identifying opportunities for improvement and streamlining
- Participate in research and development efforts as needed
- 5+ years mechanical 3D CAD experience with Solid Edge design software
- Ability to handle multiple priorities while maintaining project schedules
- Knowledge of antenna and RF system design a PLUS
- Capable of working independently with little supervision
- Solid organizational, prioritization, and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain flexibility as priorities change
- Knowledge of standard machine shop practices and fabrication techniques
- Understanding of joining processes - including welding, soldering, and adhesives
- Close attention to detail required
- Experience using Microsoft Excel a strong plus
- Familiarity with Oracle MRP systems preferred
- Associate degree preferred; Bachelor's degree a plus
- This position reports to the Mechanical Engineering Manager
Dielectric is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top