Master Control Operator (8859)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WKEF/WRGT is seeking a Master Control Operator. The ideal candidate must be versatile and capable of learning specialized software applications and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment. Must have great attention to detail, excellent computer skills, and must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Previous experience as a Master Control Operator is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Broadcast Operations including setting up, controlling and monitoring television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience
- On-air switching, dubbing and transferring programs
- Gathering satellite feeds for broadcast use
- Preparation and operation of equipment (before, during and after live newscasts)
- Support the production of newscasts and other live or taped programming for television and multi-platform use
- Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with automated server systems such as Fastbreak, Pathfire, Pitchblue, Catchblue, Sundance, Avid systems just to name a few
- Experience locating, ingesting and making inventory ready for air
- Experience with running the Official Log
- Experience with Transmitter log, & readings
- Experience with LIVE and RECORDED Television presentations
- Experience with "on air" recovery and writing daily reports
- Years Of Experience: 1+ to 2 years
- Level of Education: 2 Year Degree
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top