Master Control Operator (8579)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WRGB/WCWN, in Albany, NY, has an immediate full-time opening for a Master Control Operator. We are looking for someone who can think fast and multitask in our highly automated multi-station control room. The successful candidate needs to be organized and able to work under the time driven demands of television. You must have current computer skill set and able to work with specialized computer applications. The Master Control Operator's primary responsibility is to operate master control in accordance with current FCC rules; to ensure technical quality of all program material and make sure it runs as scheduled. The Media Prep duties include working with satellite feeds, file based content delivery, news and station promotion, scheduled recording. Applicants must be versatile and capable of learning specialized software applications, and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment. You must have great attention to detail, excellent computer skills, and must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- On-air switching and monitoring live and prerecorded programming in automated control room
- Media prep for commercials, programs, using file based content acquisition
- Tune satellite feeds for recording, live broadcast, internal use
- Ensure station(s) operate in accordance with current FCC rules and regulations including EAS
- Support live news operations tuning, preparing, and routing various incoming remote feeds
- Remote control of transmitter sites and other remote facilities
- React dependably with changing demands and scheduled events during live newscasts or live news and weather cut-ins.
- Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-year college degree, trade school program, SBE certification, or previous experience in a television control room.
- Ability to give attention to detail while working independently or as a member of a crew
- Basic computer skills are essential with ability to learn specific software applications used in control room automation and transmitter control
- Previous experience as a Master Control Operator is preferred
- Must be able to work days, nights, and overnights, weekends, or holidays, when assigned
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top