Hummingbird is a new OTT streaming service launching in Q3 2018. The service will carry both linear and VOD channel content from both the SBG portfolio and third-party content owners. It will cater to a broad audience demographic but will be uniquely different than others in the space by focusing on local market interest and content relevance. The service will launch across the main OTT platforms including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, Android and desktop.
Hummingbird is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group and works closely with the Sinclair Digital group based in Seattle The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The Marketing Manager reports to Hummingbird's Editor in Chief. The role will be based in Los Angeles and will work with cross functional teams in developing and managing the social media and marketing strategy of Hummingbird's App and desktop products. Additionally, the position will work closely with creative agencies, social media platforms, content partners and influencers.
This position requires a thorough understanding of the OTT video ecosystem and emerging digital technologies. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact with the network of SBG stakeholders on a regular basis. Direct experience in the launch and ongoing development of a OTT video product is required.
We're looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, team oriented and results-driven environment.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Work alongside internal teams to develop and execute Hummingbird's digital marketing strategy
- Manage the day-to-day marketing responsibilities including social media and campaign management across platforms
- Work with SBG content sources, third-party content partners and influencers to leverage cross platform promotion
- Collaborate with programming team and outside creative agencies to create and implement Hummingbird's brand voice
- Monitor analytics to support Hummingbird's overall marketing objectives
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the digital video or OTT content space
- Excellent knowledge of the social web, video platforms and social communication tools
- Excellent experience with digital content management systems, digital workflows, subscriptions, analytics and data
- Direct experience in launching and developing new OTT products
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in the digital video and OTT space in general
Sinclair Digital Solutions and Broadcast Group, Inc. are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Santa Monica, California, United States
Company Location HR.Hummingbird.National.SantaMonica.CA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top