Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the MLB Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games, features extensive pre and post-game coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans. Marquee is also the television home of the WNBA Chicago Sky, providing a variety of exciting coverage.
We are seeking a Marketing Intern for our regional sports network. This paid internship will present the opportunity to learn about planning and execution of marketing activations and developing marketing strategies. The intern will collaborate across various departments. The ideal candidate is looking to pursue a career in sports and will arrive with select skills that can be sharpened during time spent with Marquee Sports Network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in marketing activations at a variety of locations throughout the summer
- Assist in executing department-specific and organization-wide projects
- Conduct research in various areas for marketing opportunities and audience growth
- Assist with the inventory management of marketing premiums for events and giveaways
- Develop promotional and marketing plans for live events and special events broadcast on Marquee Sports Network
- Brainstorm opportunities for partnerships with brands and organizations
- Other Marketing duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance
- Current student in attendance at an accredited university or college
- Prior experience in sports marketing preferred
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in Adobe Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred
- Ability to receive feedback from others and apply it to the work
- High productivity when working independently and while collaborating with others
- Ability to be productive while working in the office or in a remote environment
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.