Marketing Consultant (Entry-Level) (8815)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all the major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KDNL, in ST. Louis, has an excellent opportunity for an entry-level Marketing Consultant. We are looking for someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, an enthusiastic and passionate personality, have a tenacious yet empathetic attitude, and a drive to succeed!
Employment will include an intense sales training program in Baltimore, MD. After training, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for generating revenue for the station and meeting monthly goals through effective solicitations, promotions and services including telephone, in-person and email communication
- Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and other station products by contacting advertising agencies and local advertisers
- Professionally formatted and written documents, including emails, are a must
- Contribute to client proposals and other client documentation
- Maintain and build positive customer relationships
- Document all client contact and file all advertisement documentation
- Handle confidential information with discretion
- Initiate, follow-up and conclude assignments accurately and independently
- Assist in the collection of past due accounts
- Create advertising strategies incorporating TV, mobile, online and digital billboard mediums
- Create short and long-term client campaign plans
- Develop advertising concepts and ideas
- Prepare, negotiate and implement client media buys
- Keep current on all of the company's digital advertising products
- Understand demographic data as it relates to media buys
- General administrative tasks as needed
- Strong desire to be in outside sales
- Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to overcome objections and retain a positive attitude
- Working knowledge of new media, digital initiatives and social media required
- Enjoys a fast paced environment with a desire to win
- Professional appearance is a must
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and your own vehicle
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top