Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WNWO-NBC 24 is seeking an experienced, hands-on Managing Editor with strong leadership skills to supervise the day-to-day operation of the newsroom. The ideal candidate will bring excellent leadership and team building skills.
- This position works closely with local and corporate management to establish news content, philosophy and brand
- Supervise editorial content for WNWO-TV
- Proactively exercise journalistic judgment in maintaining accurate and unbiased news coverage
- Supervise assignment desk and help plan daily assignments for the news team
- Provide constructive editorial feedback to the news team
- Make sure content is executed on all platforms - including our website and social media sites
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
- Will help in the recruitment, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
- Minimum of 5 years of newsroom experience
- Journalism degree and a minimum of two years' experience in management with noted leadership skills
Job Location Toledo, Ohio, United States
Company Location HR.WNWO.Toledo.Toledo.OH
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top