Maintenance Engineer (8676)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WEAR, the ABC Affiliate in Pensacola, FL, is accepting applications for a full time Maintenance Engineer.
- Repair and maintain broadcast equipment including news
- Program and commercial servers and automation systems
- Install new equipment and troubleshoot problems
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
- Be able to read and understand technical materials
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- Associate's degree (AA) in electronics preferred
- Minimum of five years broadcast experience
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
- Computer literacy with an Associate degree in IT systems
- electronics or equivalent amount of technical training is desired
- Prior experience in the maintenance and repair of broadcast television equipment is a plus but not required
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team and be able to adapt to changing priorities
- Flexible work schedule, when required, is a requisite for any candidate
SBG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top