Maintenance Engineer (7704)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WBMA/WABM/WTTO, in Birmingham, AL, is seeking a Maintenance Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned
- Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems
- Provide technical support to operational users
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
- Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
- Other duties may be assigned
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
- Be able to read and understand technical materials
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, holidays and evenings
- Associate's degree (AA) in electronics preferred
- Minimum of two years broadcast experience
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top